May was kind of an expensive month. Mainly because I lost control of my spending (good thing the wedding road trip came in under budget), and also because the weather has been so nice lately & I can’t resist the call of the patio. But in my defense, we only get about 3 months of nice weather during the year, so I need to get on the patio while the gettin’s good!
Let’s review my May goals:
- Contribute $192.30 biweekly to my Emergency Fund – Success!
- Put all “found money” toward my computer fund – Fail.
- No impulse purchases during the month – Massive fail.
- Record all spending in weekly reports – Massive fail.
- Review savings goals for 2012, make adjustments as necessary – Fail.
- Make a moving plan a la Daisy at Add Vodka - Fail.
- Use Domestic8d’s pretty meal planners to plan a week of meals - Definite fail.
- Post 2x/week on the blog – Fail.
- Keep my nails in decent shape (no biting!) – Success!
Let’s just say May was a bust. It sucks to set goals and then have to mark almost all of them as failures. However, maybe this will teach me to keep my goals in mind when I’m doing my daily spending. June will have a definite spending plan along with reports and attempts to control my impulses. July means the move and purchasing new items for the apartment, and I want to be prepared for that.
Can you believe it’s almost June? How did May go for you?